The Vagina Mono(b)logues: F is for FOOD.
Yerrrrr. So I know I already touched base a little about how your diet can not only have an affect on your physical appearance but it can have an affect on how your ‘velvet roll’ reacts. This post will eventually turn into a master post that includes foods and simple recipes that will make Her behave.
The first one is a known ingredient that helps to keep the PH balanced and keep you feeling nice and refreshed: Yogurt.
Yogurt helps with the overall health of the vagina and can help to fight off yeast infections due to it’s microbial properties.Ways To Use:
- By Itself: Yogurt is super good for a quick breakfast or a light snack. Instead of eating ice cream for dessert, I have been subsituting for yogurt. You can also add fruit, nuts/seeds, and any powdered vitamin supplements you may take.
- Smoothies: If you're not a big fan of yogurt by itself, you can try to incorporate into a smoothie so that other ingredients can offset the taste; especially with Greek yogurt, it can be a bit stronger and has a tang that some may not be used to.
If you're lactose intolerant, another great probiotic is Kimchi. It also helps to maintain your body's PH and has good bacteria that helps to ward off any infections that can happen 'down there.'Zinc helps with those suffering from tough menstrual cycles. The recommended serving is 45 mg max. Those include:
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Nuts such as Cashews and Almonds
- Cereal fortified with Zinc
Foods that contain soy help with your natural lubrication that may have been offset from certain antibiotics and/or birth control. Soy can also help with pre-menopausal symptoms or menopausal symptoms.Soy-Rich Foods:
- Soy ice-cream
- Soy milk
- Collard Greens
Sweet Potatoes are also a great food to improve vaginal health. They are a great alternative to regular potatoes, especially if you want to find a way to cut back on your starch intake. In addition, they are rich in Vitamin A which strengthen the uterine walls and help in the production of hormones that help keep you energized throughout the day.
Another banger is one of my favorite flavors so I have no problem bussin down on some Garlic. It contains anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties which can help evade infections, UTIs and itching and/or burning. Of course anything you eat is processed through and out the body so overloading on the pungent ingredient can and might change up your body odor, so just be aware of that.
However, here are some ways to include this ingredient in your diet:
- Raw: Eating at least one raw clove of garlic a day can help everything down there remain balanced and in it's greatest condition. You can even chop a glove and add it to your salads.
- Paste: Adding some garlic paste to your dishes will help with your garlic intake if you're down for eating straight cloves (highkey understandable).
- Capsules: Garlic softgels and capsules are available in your local pharmacy, however, of course please consult your physician before starting any new supplements.
Nuts and Seeds are also a big factor in increasing the bodies natural lubrication.
Including, but not limited to:
- Flaxseeds: Can be bought whole or grounded and used in yogurts and smoothies.
- Sunflower Seeds: Can be used whole and/or as a butter. I love to put them in my salads, yogurts, or use sunflower butter and honey on my toast as a light snack.
Please don't make me exlain why you're entire body needs water. Please don't even try it. Try to drink a minimum of 8 cups of water a day to like...stay alive. Thank you.